Register for a Free Trial
Register below for a Free Trial and access real content from three MOC Courses. You can watch videos, take assessments and get a real sense of how you will experience a Microsoft Official Course On-Demand. No Credit Card Required.
This course provides a primer to help you understand the business benefits of cloud computing solutions, become familiar with “cloud terminology,” and explore the basic concepts behind the cloud.
Module 1: Cloud Computing Concepts
Cloud computing plays an increasingly important role in IT infrastructure, and IT professionals need to be aware of fundamental cloud principles and techniques. This module introduces the cloud, describes how the cloud evolved from traditional IT operations, and highlights considerations for implementing cloud-based infrastructure services.
- Introducing the Cloud
- Introducing Cloud Services
- Describe what a cloud is.
- Understand evolving IT operations models.
- Understand business drivers for the cloud.
Module 2: Cloud Services Basics
Implementing a Cloud based model for your IT needs requires a good deal of planning and insight into what those needs are and what model will provide the most benefit in terms of cost, flexibility and efficiency. This module outlines the different cloud types and services as well as considerations for moving your business IT needs to the cloud.
- Implementation: Cloud Service Usage Models
- Identify the different types of cloud services models, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Learn how the different types of cloud services function through public, private, and hybrid implementations.
- Outline the challenges in moving from a traditional on-premises model to a cloud model.
- Describe several Microsoft options for managing a cloud infrastructure.
This course will help you to become familiar with the fundamentals of Microsoft Azure including the web-based portals for deploying resources and managing Azure subscriptions.
Module 1: Cloud Overview
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
Module 2: Microsoft Azure
- Overview of Microsoft Azure
- Azure Data Centers and Services
Module 3: Portals
- Classic Azure Portal
- New Azure Portal
- Azure Subscriptions
Module 4: Infrastructure Overview
- Virtual Machines, Networks, and Storage
- Module 5: Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- Introduction to Resource Manager
Module 6: Azure PowerShell
- Azure PowerShell Modules
- Azure PowerShell Cmdlets
Module 7: Practice exercises
- Lab : Practice Exercises
- Take an Azure Virtual Data Center Tour
- Sign-in and Explore the Classic Azure Portal
- Sign-in and Explore the New Azure Portal
- Azure Subscriptions
- Deploy a New Virtual Machine
- Work with Azure Resource Manager and a VM Template
- Download and install the Azure PowerShell modules
- Connect to Azure by using PowerShell
- Work with Azure Resource Manager by using PowerShell
In this demo course, you will learn how to use the Microsoft Official Course On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) player and experience one module of the course Troubleshooting and Supporting Windows 10.
You can access real content from module 8 of the course Troubleshooting and Supporting Windows 10. This means you can watch videos, take assessments and try out Module 8 labs to get a real sense of how you will experience a Microsoft Official Course On-Demand.
Please note that your lab access is limited to a total of 30 minutes, so make the most of your lab session. We hope this demo course provides you with everything you want to know before you make a decision to buy Microsoft Official Course On-Demand.