This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft® SharePoint Server 2013 environment. This course will teach you how to configure SharePoint Server 2013, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your SharePoint server deployment.
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a multi-server deployment of SharePoint Server 2013.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Have experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
Hands-on experience or job experience is considered a solutions-based role where the candidate works within the solutions space covered by SharePoint, working on multiple solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document management, content management, and search.
At course completion
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
- Design an information architecture
- Design logical and physical architectures
- Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013
- Create web applications and site collections
- Plan and configure service applications
- Manage users and permissions
- Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Manage taxonomy
- Configure user profiles
- Configure enterprise search
- Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment